The Trap and Skeet Club currently practices at the Boswell-Porter 4-H Range in Snook, TX.
In 1997 the land on which the range is operated was donated by the Boswell Porter family. A non-profit corporation was formed for the purpose of taking title to the land, constructing the range and operating the range. It is important to remember and understand that both the 4-Her's and our use of the range remains a privilege and not a right.
Construction on the range improvements began in late February – early March of 1997. The early construction was performed by Brazos County 4-H club members and their parents. The first club event at the new range, the Brazos County Shoot, was held on Saturday, June 14, 1997.
Directions to the range from College Station:
1. Head towards Snook on University Drive/Raymond Stotzer (HWY 60).
You will be going AWAY from HWY 6.
2. Follow HWY 60 through Snook, and then
3. Turn RIGHT at FM-2039, go 1.9 mi.
4. Turn LEFT at CR-246, go 1.6 mi.
5. Turn RIGHT at CR-247, go 0.5 mi.
6. The range is STRAIGHT ahead through the cattlegaurd.